4.1 What’s the software for UPS?
The software for UPS refers to UPS management software which is for home users and enterprises. It can monitor and manage from one to multiple UPS’s in a networked environment. It can not only prevent data loss from power outage and safely shutdown systems, but also store programming data and scheduled shutdown UPS.
The default software of FSP UPS is ViewPower or ViewPower Pro. Viewpower is used to connect UPS locally and Viewpower Pro is used to connect UPS with SNMP card and network.
ViewPower includes ViewPower serv ice , GUI (user interface) and ViewPower icon ViewPower service is the core of V iewPower software. It’s a system program running in the back end. It will communicate with UPS, record event, notify users with events, and execute command according to users’ request. GUI is operated in browser and communicated with back end program. Users can monitor UPSs for real time status, information and modify UPS setting parameters via GUI. ViewPower i con is managing tool for ViewPower software. When ViewPower is activated, there is an orange plug icon located in taskbar. It also will display pop up dialog for current UPS status.
Here are the features of ViewPower:
- Allows control and monitoring of multiple UPSs via LAN and INTERNET
- Real time dynamic graphs of UPS data (voltage, frequency, load level, battery capacity)
- Safely OS shutdown and protection from data loss during power failure
- Warning notifications via audible alarm , pop up screen , broadcast, mobile messenger, and email
- Scheduled UPS on/off, battery test, programmable outlet control, and audible alarm control
- Password security protection and remote access management